My Photo
Name:
Location: Ga, United States

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas to All



I know it has been several months - actually nearly a year since my last entry. Over this year I have been blessed beyond measure. I first had to stop blogging due to my job. I was working close to 10 hour days. But it was through this job that I heard about my son.

On June 3, I got a phone call out of the blue from one of my clients - I am an insurance agent. She knew that I wanted to adopt when I met her back in Jan. After that many months, she still remembered me and called me. The daughter of one of her friends was pregnant and due in less than a month.

I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. I had 4 adoptions fall through from May 07 till May 08. This was beyond my comprehension. As much as I had prayed and cried, even begged God to take the desire for a child from me, He still answered me. I knew He would, but I couldn't believe it. After having 4 fall through, it just hurt too much to consider having another one fall though.

But on July 1, 2008, at 1:44 am, my son Elijah Daniel was born. His birth mom went into labor on June 29 (my birthday - and around 10pm no less - which was when I was born). I got the final call at midnight on July 1 and I didn't have time to drive to the hospital (over 4 hours away) before he was born. But I got to hold him when he was 9 hours old.

I left from the hospital around 3pm on July 2 with him. This is another important date for me. You see, I was also adopted and this was the date my parents took me home with them.

God surely had His hand in all of this. There were too many road signs for this not to be of Him.

And lastly, on Dec 18th, at 1:30pm, Elijah's adoption was final. I went before the judge and he signed all the papers making me Elijah's mommy. This was the best Christmas present I could have recieved. God Himself gave me this present. I was straight from His hand to my heart. And I will forever praise Him for my son.

God bless and Merry Christmas from Joy and Elijah


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

:D

<3

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home